Saturday, May 21, 2011

confidence

so since i've been here it's been kinda boring. i've gone out every day with my brother, but it wasn't until today that i went by myself. in decatur i loved driving myself places and going alone. in provo it took a while to get used to it. but eventually i got a hang of the town (while just a passenger i never paid attention to directions so it wasn't until i got a car that i actually needed to know where places were, so i got lost a lot haha). so once i knew where everything was, i left. hm. my sister-in-law offered to let me use her gps to get around town but i didn't take it with me. my brother had shown me the main roads by the house and i felt i had to prove it to myself that i could get around. i had thought rubi was giving me problems and i was nervous about driving her by myself, but after tonight i think she's okay. so i went out by myself and just drove around. i got a little lost but i found my way back. i even went in a target with no face on, hair un-done, and wearing a nasty t-shirt. hey, i don't know anyone in town yet so no one could recognize me and judge me. :)

independence is a wonderful thing. i love having the freedom to go wherever, whenever i want. you ever just have to prove to yourself that you can do something? it may be something as simple as finding your way around your new place of residence, starting a new job, or something much bigger. whatever it is, having confidence in yourself is important. i've always felt confident about who i was, but since i've been here it's been hard. i miss my friends, i miss knowing where i'm going, i miss my apartment and roommates, and i even miss my old boss and co-workers. i worked two extra weeks so i could train like 7 people. it was really weird to see our group change. i know change is a good thing, but it was weird, especially because for the last two weeks i didn't have a floor and was just a roaming worker, looking for odds and ends to clean.

one thing i've learned at byu is the value of a good friend. i thought i made a lot of good friends at the 'y' but how many of them do i talk to now? i've only been gone a week and i've only heard from one of them. fair? i don't think so. i want some friends! hopefully this sunday i'll meet some nice people. my ward is the "fiesta ward." promising? hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment