Sunday, April 24, 2011

i'm a bachelor...a bachelor of arts!!!

so yeah i graduated friday afternoon. that morning i awoke with an incredible feeling of gratitude for everything i've learned here while at byu. i may give this university a lot of grief and i may complain a lot, but i really did enjoy my time here. 

where to from here? az, baby! yep, i'm moving to arizona. i'll be staying with my brother and sister-in-law till i get a job, which hopefully won't take me as long as i fear it will. way i figure, i don't want to live in provo, so why would i stick around? i don't want to work in decatur, so why would i move back home? there's a lot of hispanics in arizona and a lot less returned missionaries who speak spanish. i think i'll have a better chance of getting a job there than here. plus, i won't be living in the bubble. 

i never thought life would take me to arizona. it took me a LONG time to decide on this. i kept going back and forth between moving to denver, moving back home, going to spain, ugh. i had to many options. i felt i just needed to make a decision. several times i had decided to just move home and then i would change my mind. going home just didn't feel right. so i talked to my brother and he and his wife invited me to stay with them, and something just clicked and i got a really good feeling about it. since then, i'm not gonna say i haven't wavered on my decision. after all, it's a big decision to make!! they're the only ones i know in arizona and i've never even stepped foot in the state. plus, it's a 12hr drive from here to there. but i like road trips so i'm looking forward to that.

it's just weird to think about how my life's turned out till now. i never thought i'd graduate with a b.a. in spanish translation, that i'd be moving to arizona, and that i'd be as independent as i am. and happy. i'm very happy. :) scared of course, but happy.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! What an exciting adventure to start! Give Justin and Raina a big hug for me. Mindy Dahl (Wilkinson)

    ReplyDelete